Publication date: 9 December 2019
For one of our main clients, we are looking for a Datalink Expert who will be responsible for:
- Technical assessment of performance problems in the provision of Air/Ground Data Link services in Europe (ATN service and VHF Digital link Mode 2 services)
- Coordination of the resolution of performance problems with involved stakeholders (Air Navigation Service providers, ARINC, SITA, ENAV, Airlines, Avionics manufacturers, Airframe manufacturers)
- Represent our client at international data link related meetings
- Contribute to the evolution of data link standards
The position will be based in Brussels and requires travelling (from 10 to 20 %)
Required Qualifications and Skills
- University degree or equivalent preferably in Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Aviation.
- ITIL Foundation is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in Aeronautical data link industry
- Minimum 5 years of experience in commercial mobile or aviation communication systems architecture and interface definition
- Specialisation and/or training in aviation mobile communications, wireless communication networks, wireless communication network architectures and interfaces
- Proven experience in multi-country, multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural organisations or projects.
- Performance assessment of wireless communication networks in general and for aviation in particular, simulation scenario definition, simulation analysis, network performance analysis (theoretical and based on measurements)
- Understanding of the ATC data link technologies (wireless communications,
- Understanding of EUROCAE and ICAO standardisation activities would be a plus
- Good knowledge on wireless communication system architectures and interfaces in general and for aviation in particular
- Fluency in English, other language will be a plus
- Understanding of spectrum aspects and frequency interference of mobile communications is a plus
- ACARS air-ground based communications protocols and aircraft avionics
- Knowledge of ground-ground based communications protocols such as IP
- Analytical skills: ability to build and structure an analysis, manage trending, detect patterns
- Ability to learn fast and understand complex technologies, environment and services
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, good reporting and presentations skills,
- Problem Solving skills and ability to work under pressure
- Excellent team player, autonomy and ability to work with remote teams
- Customer Focus
- Ability to represent our client in front of customers and senior level audience
What we offer
- Competitive compensation according to background
- Teleworking 2-3 days per week depending of client needs
- We are open to help you in relocation if needed
- Start: 1st quarter 2020
- You will join a highly specialized company in aviation industry, so you will be part of a very interesting technical project. We have always projects where to develop your career. Our people is our asset, and we aim to grow together.
I want to apply!
In case you are interested in this position, please send us a resume* in English by email at the address firstname.lastname@example.org
* By submitting your CV or application you are automatically consenting to Obizco SARL using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. If you however, wish to have your personal data deleted from our database in conformance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Article 17, please let us know by sending us an email at the same e-mail address.